Window Treatment Friday: Overview of Hard and Soft Window Treatments
Welcome to Window Treatment Friday! Today’s show is brought to you by Kirsch.com, our newest sponsor. Last week, we learned from Matt Johnson, the National Sales Manager, and Sarah Frost, the Brand Manager, for Kirsch Drapery Hardware, how the Kirsch team is on a mission to breathe new life into their company, which is more than a hundred years old. And today, we have some big news! If you would like to learn more about window treatments so that you can incorporate them into your business as an added revenue stream, Vita and LuAnn have the answer for you! Vita will be teaching an eight-week course, called Window Treatments and Profits for Designers, starting in January. Listen in, to find out more.
Vita and LuAnn know just how profitable window treatments are. They want to share their knowledge and experience with you so that you can also develop the skills and confidence you need to make a profit from window treatments. The Window Treatments and Profits for Designers course will meet via Zoom so this means that you can be anywhere in the world to do it. You either can join Vita live, in real-time, or you can watch the replay at your convenience, and still get all the magic. The course will be run in conjunction with a private Facebook group, for support and extra time to answer questions. We will be opening the course in the next week or two, so go to Luann Nigara Profit With Window Treatments or Profit With Window Treatments, and leave us your email address so that you can be first in line when the registration opens.
In today’s episode, we will be talking about the different types and categories of window treatments. There’s a myriad of different custom window treatments available out there, so Vita’s way of simplifying things is to break everything down into two main categories- hard and soft window treatments. Vita and LuAnn will then give us an overview of the different types of window treatments in each category, listing and explaining the various types of treatments and the pros and cons of each one. Be sure to tune in today, to hear what they have to share.
- Vita gives her personal take on hard window treatments overall, as a category.
- Generally, hard treatments consist of blinds, shades, and shutters.
- The main purpose of hard treatments is functionality, which is usually light control, privacy, or glare control.
- Vita explains what soft treatments are.
- Although soft treatments are generally there to add to the aesthetic value of a room, they can still be functional.
- The pros and cons of blinds.
- The rebirth of roller shades.
- Comfortex will supply cellular shades in any color.
- Talking about shutters.
- Woven wood shades are very popular with designers.
- The different types of soft treatments in the category.
- LuAnn explains what she likes about drapery panels.
- Roman shades are very versatile.
- Some useful resources for you.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
My Doma Studio: A Well Designed Business
To sign up for the Window Treatments and Profits for Designers course, go to Profit With Window Treatments or Profit With Window Treatments
For a free PDF download of this episode, go to LuAnn Nigara.