Power Talk Friday: The FabricShield, Scott & Rene Schleicher
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Today’s episode is sponsored by The FabricShield, a company that cleans, protects, and performs emergency spot-cleaning for the times when accidents happen. The FabricShield is owned and operated by Rene and Scott Schleicher. Rene and Scott are passionate about their business and they know how much money your clients are spending on investing in furniture, carpets, area rugs, window treatments, and wall coverings. They truly understand the advantage you have, as a designer, when you’re able to offer your clients a service to help them protect their investment for many years to come. Listen in today, to find out what Rene and Scott have to share about their unique product and the way that it adds value to any design business.
Rene and Scott are a remarkably well-matched couple, both in life and in business. Rene has a background in retail furniture sales and Scott’s background is in growing national business networks. This places them in a unique position to excel at both sides of their business. Their first-hand understanding of the value and pride that designers place in their clients and their homes, coupled with the astute way they run their business, makes everything happen very smoothly. This means that you can rely on them completely, and refer or hire them without any reservation. Tune in today to learn all about The FabricShield and what it does for fabrics.
- The FabricShield makes regular fabrics perform like performance fabrics.
- Dealing with accidents and offering protection for any soft surface.
- About their complimentary spot cleaning service.
- You can first test a sample of your fabric, just to put your mind at ease.
- The water test will immediately show how well this product performs.
- This product never changes the feel of a fabric.
- The FabricShield is completely non-toxic and it dries extremely quickly, leaving no smell at all.
- Applying the product is a straightforward process and the technicians are very conscientious about cleaning up before they leave.
- Anything natural almost always comes out.
- Protecting your fabrics for your peace of mind.
- They schedule their day to leave themselves windows of opportunity to react to your stains.
- How interior designers can work with The FabricShield.
- The way that designers are rewarded for their referrals.
- Talking about pricing.
- They provide complimentary spot cleaning for 18 months.
- The business is now a franchise. Scott explains what makes their franchise unique.
- The quality of the product is the key to their business.
- Why Rene and Scott are uniquely positioned to lead their company.
- Starting a start-up business within a Fortune 500 company.
About The FabricShield:
The FabricShield is an in-home application to be applied to upholstery, area rugs, carpets, to any other soft surface you’d like to protect. It dries within an hour and there is no aerosol mist or haze. The FabricShield won’t alter the texture or the look, feel, or color of the furnishings and its protection will keep your furnishings looking like new for longer.
The FabricShield company provides complimentary spot cleaning care for 18 months once a client’s furnishings have been protected with The FabricShield.
Scott Schleicher is a co-owner of The FabricShield. He is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD with a B.S. degree in Mathematics. Upon graduation, he served for 5 years as an officer in the United States Marine Corps. He has spent the majority of his professional career in the industrial gas industry working for Air Products, Inc. in Allentown, PA. While at Air Products, he had the opportunity to start-up their MicroBulk business serving as the National Business Manager. The MicroBulk business served over 30 locations in the United States and grew rapidly under Scott’s leadership with revenues of $200K in Year 1 and growing to revenues of over $20MM in Year 10 when Scott departed the company. He then joined Airgas, Inc. and served as the President of Airgas National Carbonation (ANC). Under Scott’s leadership, ANC grew from $48MM in revenue and a 17% profit margin to $75MM in revenue and a 24% profit margin in 3 years. Scott departed Airgas in 2018 to join Rene Schleicher in establishing FabricSeal, LLC. the predecessor to The FabricShield.
Rene Schleicher is a co-owner of FabricSeal, LLC. She is a graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, MD with a B.A. degree in Government and Politics. She received her Paralegal degree from the University of San Diego, CA. Rene has been an entrepreneur since graduating from college and has spent the last 20 years serving the legal and design trade industries. Rene has worked as a paralegal in California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. Rene formed her first start-up company as an interior decorator while living in Allentown PA. Her business grew and she eventually opened a boutique furniture store serving the design trade called Haven Home Furnishings, LLC. Haven Home Furnishings was eventually sold and continues to flourish in the Lehigh Valley under a new name, Beautiful Home by Quentin Eshleman. In 2012, Rene joined an upholstery protection company as a sales professional. She departed in 2017 to begin developing the business model for FabricSeal, LLC the predecessor to The FabricShield with her husband and now business partner Scott Schleicher.
Website: The Fabric Shield
Facebook: The Fabric Shield
Twitter: The Fabric Shield
Instagram: The Fabric Shield