Jan Showers: A Glamorous Career
Welcome to today’s show, sponsored by Kravet Inc. We have the privilege today of having the Dallas-based interior designer, Jan Showers, join us on the show. As a successful entrepreneur, Jan understands the value of collaboration, which is a very important element of her business. In today’s episode, she discusses her multi-faceted career, and she talks to us about the full lifestyle collection that she’s created for Kravet, what it includes, and how her collaboration with Kravet came to be. Tune in now, to find out more!
Jan’s career spans three decades, and during this time, she has received many of the highest honors awarded to design professionals. Her magazine credits include Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Veranda, House Beautiful, InStyle, Traditional Home, British Home and Garden, Harper’s Bazaar, and Luxe. For the last five years, Architectural Digest has added Jan Showers and Associates to the AD100, their preeminent directory to the world of design. Jan has also written two books, Glamorous Rooms and the follow-up to that, called Glamorous Retreats. She’s currently working on her third book, which is due to be released in the fall of 2020. Jan is truly one amazing lady! Listen in today, to hear about her insights and her reflections on her career.
- Working hard, getting published, and having great photographs are all key to being noticed for the Architectural Digest’s AD100.
- Where the inspiration for her book came from.
- The most challenging part of her business.
- Twenty years ago, Jan couldn’t find what she wanted in the trade showrooms so she began creating a collection of her own, the Jan Showers Collection.
- Being prepared to get lucky!
- To do what Jan has done, you’d need to have strong systems in place, and an amazing team behind you.
- Jan talks about her collaboration with Kravet.
- Jan’s impressive portfolio supplied most of the photographs for her book.
- Jan’s third book, Glamorous Living, is coming out in September of next year.
- How Jan’s mother influenced her life and career.
- High-level clients expect and deserve perfection.
- Jan discusses her history with Kravet.
- It’s a good idea to start out working for someone else or to have a mentor.
- Jan shares her key to success.
Jan Showers is a Dallas based interior designer and has been designing for clients for over 25 years. Her magazine credits alone place her in the highest echelon of designers. Aside from Jan’s interior design business, her career spans three different businesses. Jan has a to-the-trade custom furniture line, Jan Showers Collection, which is sold in eight showrooms across the U.S. Showers also has an antique showroom in the Dallas Design District, where she sells vintage items, as well as her new collection, 1308 Collection.
Showers’ partnerships include a full lifestyle collection with Kravet Couture, a furniture collection with Kravet Furniture, which debuted at High Point 2019, a hand-knotted rug series for Moattar, Inc., a lighting series with L.A. based designer Joe Cariati and a cowhide rug collection for Kyle Bunting.
Jan has written two books: Glamorous Rooms and her follow-up, Glamorous Retreats, both published by Abrams. She is working on writing a third book with Abrams to be released in fall 2020.
Website: Jan Showers
Instagram: Jan Showers
Facebook: Jan Showers Associates
Twitter: Jan Showers
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
LuAnn and Jan will be at the Kravet showroom in the Boston Design Center on Wednesday, Oct 2nd, 2019. Please join them there!