Power Talk Friday: Jesse Lazarus: Technology & Innovations in the Design Industry
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Today, Jesse Lazarus, the Chief Process and Innovation Officer for Kravet Inc. joins us on the show. Jesse is a deep thinker, with a BA in philosophy, and in his role, at Kravet he plays an integral part in the discussion around the technology and innovations that the company chooses to partner with and embrace. Jesse spearheads Kravet’s strategic plans and he implements their new digital initiatives, which include e-commerce projects, in-store experience concepts, and groundbreaking virtual design tools. Listen in today, to find out what Jesse has to share about the ongoing evolution of Kravet.
Kravet is a smart company and they are guided by their mission to support you, the interior designer, in your efforts to run a really profitable business. Kravet has been a show sponsor since the beginning and, in today’s episode, Jesse talks to LuAnn about how this happened. He discusses the way that technology has advanced during his time working in the interior design industry, and how the industry is changing, as a result. He also talks to us about Kravet’s new showroom which opening up at the New York Design Center, the way that Kravet is evolving, and where they are heading, in terms of innovation and technology. Tune in now for more!
- How LuAnn’s collaboration with Kravet began.
- For Jesse, Kravet is a really great and innovative place to work.
- The criteria that Jesse uses to decide whether or not to partner with tech companies.
- One of Kravet’s core mission values is to always be in support of interior designers.
- Although many of the new tech companies are not yet geared for the interior design industry, designers are now involved in helping those companies evolve to meet the needs of the industry.
- Kravet has been partnering with MyDoma Studio since the spring of 2019. Jesse discusses the reason for this partnership.
- Jesse discusses his perception of the two flavors of the marketplace.
- Being transparent and as accessible as possible is another one of Kravet’s core mission values.
- There’s so much research and product discovery happening online, currently. This has started feeding through into the design industry.
- The way that Jesse sees the evolution of interior design showrooms, going forward.
- The way that Jesse has built the digital experience into the concept for Kravet’s new pilot showroom, as a subtle, supportive tool for designers.
- Kravet’s pilot showroom is meant to be a relaxed workspace for collaboration, where designers can feel comfortable enough to come in and use their sample library as if it was their own.
- Kravet’s pilot showroom is a way to honor their relationships with interior designers.
- Some new technological innovations that are destined to become a part of the design industry.
- Recently, designers have been collaborating to form buying groups. Jesse sees this as a natural evolutionary step.
- The evolution of technology has made it possible for designers to now work in any way that fits their individual business.
Jesse Lazarus is Chief Process and Innovation Officer for Kravet Inc., a high-end home furnishings supplier to the interior design trade. In this role, Jesse plays an integral part in spearheading strategic plans and implementing new digital initiatives, including e-commerce projects, in-store experience concepts, and innovative virtual design tools. He received his BA in Philosophy from the State University of Stony Brook and resides in West Sayville, NY with his wife and two daughters.
Code for 10% of Kravet fabric, wallpaper or trim: AWDB10