Jared Hughes – Build Relationships, Build Your Design Firm
Welcome to the show! Today, we have the charming Jared Hughes, an interior designer from Atlanta, joining us. Jared’s Instagram and his website are well worth paying attention to because they are unusual, warm, and beautiful, and the authentic way that he has remained true to himself and his own, personal style really shines through both. In today’s episode, Jared talks to us about his solid interior design business and he explains how he has built a reputation and gained recognition as a talented designer within the interior design industry, even though his firm is still under three years old. Tune in now, to find out more!
Jared opened his firm after ten years of experience working for others in residential design and event and floral design. The experience that he gained from doing this has allowed him to hit the ground running and as a result, he’s been producing projects that are timeless, classic, and with an unexpected twist. Listen in to find out what Jared has to share today. You’re really going to enjoy this episode!
- Jared talks about his confidence in presenting his work in his own, unique way in his Instagram and on his website.
- There are some key elements that are evident in all of Jared’s designs.
- Jared explains why hints of his personal life appear regularly in his Instagram feed.
- Jared’s biggest client is from Switzerland.
- What people are looking for in Atlanta, in terms of interior design.
- Jared talks about his incredible number of accomplishments over the last two years.
- Networking has really been key to Jared’s success.
- As a new designer, it’s really important to present yourself in a humble and respectful manner when getting to know more experienced designers.
- Jared advises you, as baby designers, to take the advice of more seasoned designers and let them help you.
- We never stop learning, so Jared likes to test out processes that have worked for other people.
- Jared is extroverted and better around other people, however, he has no problem with being alone.
- Jared gives some unique and useful advice to help introverted designers with networking.
- Jared explains where he gained the grounding for his specific design aesthetic.
Jared Hughes is a globally inspired Atlanta designer with deep roots in the South. His penchant for antiques and architecture are at the heart of his work, and his fascination with fabrics is the starting point for nearly all of his design projects. He gleans inspiration from his obsession with color to rethink the past and create livable, layered spaces. With 10 years of experience in residential, event and floral design, Hughes’ breadth of experience allows him to produce projects that feel timeless and classic with an unexpected twist.
Links and Resources:
Website: Jared Hughes Design
Instagram: Jared Hughes Design
Will you be joining LuAnn in Las Vegas for her one-day Power Talk Friday Tour? LuAnn is repeating her Power Talk Friday Tour this year in Las Vegas. It is a one-day coaching event and it will be held on Saturday, July 27th, and it will run from 8.00am to 11.00pm. It will include breakfast, lunch, and dinner, discussions with LuAnn’s PTF experts, and four hours of round table discussions, in groups of three or less, with each expert individually. Go to Power Talk Friday to reserve your seat.
This event is sponsored by Revel Woods and MyDoma Studio.
To get onto LuAnn’s email list to get the info, text the word DESIGNBIZ to the number 444999.