Power Talk Friday: Tobi Fairley: Her Design You Coaching Program
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Today’s show is sponsored by our guest, Tobi Fairley, who previously appeared in episode #419. Tobi has been one of our industry leaders for many years, mentoring interior designers and helping them become better business persons. She is an accomplished luxury interior designer with her business based in Arkansas. She’s a fabric designer, a business coach, a life coach, and she has her own podcast called Design You. Tobi has also created a unique and really effective coaching course called Tobi Fairley’s DesignYou Coaching Program and in today’s episode, she explains how her coaching program differs from all the rest. Tobi loves nothing more than helping people really thrive and love their business so listen in today, to learn from Tobi how to cast a wider net and start making money while you sleep.
Tobi Fairley is known for her bold use of color in interior design, but she’s also one of the nation’s most progressive-thinking entrepreneurs. She is passionate about her full-service interior design company and her consulting firm which are focused on helping clients design their homes, their businesses, and their lives, with a special interest in promoting wellness and balance for entrepreneurs, CEOs, and creatives. Tune in now, to find out more!
- Tobi explains what’s different about her coaching.
- Getting out of your own head and out of your own way.
- Unlocking your old mindsets.
- Why the course is a yearly program.
- Tobi explains what the coaching course covers.
- Finances can be scary for creatives.
- The kind of real-time support that you will get from Tobi.
- The benefits of abundant thinking.
- The three different courses that Tobi will be re-doing, live, that are also included in her yearly course.
- Tobi is very straightforward with her coaching clients.
- Tobi explains why it’s in her best interest to pour all her support into you.
- Why you need to be doing business differently now to how you did it in the past.
- Digital marketing for interior designers.
- Understanding the value ladder in a digital marketing system.
- Opening your mind to working differently.
- Creating a system from your design process.
- Becoming niche-specific.
- Meeting your clients right where they are.
- How coaching, content, and community can help you reach your goals.
Traditional Home predicts “Tobi will be like Cher or Oprah, one of those women for whom one name says it all.”
Tobi Fairley is known for her bold use of color in interior design, but she’s also one of the nation’s most progressive-thinking entrepreneurs. Tobi is passionate about her full-service interior design company and her consulting firm which are focused on helping clients design their homes, their businesses, and their lives, with a special interest in promoting wellness and balance for entrepreneurs, CEOs, and creatives.
Tobi established her firm more than 19 years ago and her projects have spanned the nation and beyond. Her award-winning interior design, product design and ideas have been featured on television and in publications worldwide including House Beautiful, Veranda, Traditional Home, Huffington Post, HGTV, The Wall Street Journal, Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Real Simple, Coastal Living, Southern Cottages, Creative Live, the Chicago Tribune, and MSNBC. In 2017, Tobi was a columnist for Traditional Home magazine with a feature in each issue chronicling her own home renovation and reveal.
Tobi’s design goal is to create interiors that will assist her clients in reaching their big, personal, and entrepreneurial dreams, while supporting their health and wellness. She designs functional homes and beautiful environments that will foster personal growth, balance, and connection for all who use them.
Tobi was at the forefront of the design blog movement when she launched her blog over 10 years ago, and it’s currently read in more than 125 countries worldwide. She has been a trusted coach for over 10 years for interior designers and creatives through her live events, design and business courses, and online programs.
Among Tobi’s latest ventures is Design You, a monthly coaching program, where interior designers and creatives can get all of Tobi’s best course content, along with live coaching from Tobi in the areas of business, health and wellness, and mindset for a monthly or yearly subscription. In April 2018 Tobi launched her new podcast, The Design You Podcast, where she helps Interior Designers and Creatives say no to busy and say yes to more health, wealth and joy. In her podcast episodes, Tobi shares best business practices, her personal journey as a working mom and her beliefs about personal development for creating your best life, business, and home.
For the last 3 years, Tobi has had great success in product design with her licensed collections from Soicher Marin (art), Duralee (fabrics), CR Laine (upholstered furniture), Woodbridge Furniture (case goods and outdoor furniture), New River Artisans (rugs), and recently signed a license with C2 Paint which will debut late 2018.
Previous episodes mentioned in the show:
Links and resources:
Tobi Fairley, ASID
17200 Chenal Parkway Suite 300 #330
Little Rock, AR 72223
Tobi’s website: Tobi Fairley
Tobi’s Freebie for LuAnn’s Audience:
The Digital Marketing Primer e-Course–this 12-part email course teaches you the basics of what a digital marketing strategy is and why you MUST have one in your business. Get it at Digital Primer
Tobi Fairley’s DesignYou Coaching Program:
DesignYou is a monthly coaching program for Interior Designers and Creative Entrepreneurs that costs $279 per month or $2799 per year.
- 2 live monthly coaching calls with Tobi (2 hours each)
- Tobi’s Book Club bi-monthly book selections and group calls for discussion
- Access to Tobi’s 3 signature courses included in your membership. These courses (listed below) have transformed thousands of creatives and the way they run their businesses.
- Designer MBA Course
- Digital Marketing For Creatives Course
- Financials for Creatives Course (Tobi is teaching this live July 16-17)
- You also get a very active peer community in DesignYou built on the Mighty Networks platform. Thanks to the features of Mighty Networks, DesignYou is organized by topics and is easily searchable.
- There are groups on specific topics in DesignYou including:
- Interior Design Group
- Tobi’s Book Club
- 3 Accountability Groups for the Digital Marketing for Creatives Course depending on your level of implementation.
- Digital Marketing Assets Group where you can post your digital marketing deliverables for review by Tobi and Team Tobi.
If you buy at the Insiders Level of DesignYou (pay for a full year when joining), you also get:
- A live call with one of Tobi’s top team members or experts with a Q and A–these are on topics like marketing, podcasting, writing email campaigns, creating a course or program, website design and more.
- A monthly flash mastermind where you and your peers do a live collaborative mastermind session on a specific topic lead by Team Tobi.
- A behind the scenes look at what Tobi is working on in her business and what programs courses she is currently creating.
In DesignYou we teach Designers and Creatives how to:
- Transform your mindset to bring about real change in your business and personal life and understand what’s holding you back/keeping you stuck so you can find a solution.
- Transform your business model to be profitable, scalable and future ready.
- Implement consulting-only offerings like Strategy Sessions into your service offerings to start making more money for your time and intellectual property TODAY!
- Transform your schedule from flying by the seat of your pants to organized structure. This means finally accomplishing goals but on the timeline you create.
- End the feast or famine nature of business by teaching members how to create a digital marketing strategy.
- Have more health, wealth, and joy while running your creative business.
- Identify burnout and all of the action steps to overcome it or prevent it.
- Build systems and processes to get your business running smoothly and consistently with less stress – and then we dive into how to automate these systems to create more time in your day.
- Target your Ideal Client and Niche so that you are working with the group of people that light you up every day and who are most willing to pay you your worth. We also teach you how to develop a following or tribe of these like-minded clients.
- Learn to delegate and run a team of in-person, contract, and virtual employees so that you spend 80% of your time in your Zone of Genius.