High Point Market: Plan a Successful Trip
Welcome to today’s episode! It’s time to start thinking about the High Point Market again. If you’re wondering why you need to be thinking about it now, you may be surprised to find out that the hotels are already filling up. Also, now is the right time to start mapping out your trip and go to the website at High Point Market to see who the brands are, make your appointments, and get onto the email list so you can be notified of the new product launches, the panels, and the keynote series in the theater, because you really won’t want to miss a thing! Listen in today, to find out more.
On the show today, we have Ashley Grigg, the Director of Marketing and Communications for the High Point Market Authority, Lisa Mende, the founder and principal of Lisa Mende Design, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Jeanne Chung, a luxury interior designer and retailer based in Southern California. These three ladies will explain why you need to attend the High Point Market and they will give some great tips for making the most of the experience. They will also discuss the logistics of going to High Point, explain how to make your trip really productive, and share some really useful information about the various tours that are available. You really have to know what to do before you get to High Point, so tune in now, to get all the details.
- Why it’s really important for interior designers to invest the time and money in going to High Point Market.
- How half the business is conducted after the market is over.
- The brand cocktail parties are awesome opportunities to meet and connect with important people.
- The way that High Point has really impacted on Jeanne’s business.
- Making great connections at High Point Market.
- How High Point Market stands out from all the rest.
- Having the opportunity to talk to the showroom owners.
- Ways for new designers to establish themselves with the various showrooms.
- Some things to think about when pre-planning your trip to High Point Market.
- Why it’s a good idea to do a tour for your first trip to High Point.
- High Point Market covers 11 500 000 square feet!
- Jeanne talks about her Insider’s Tour, which is geared towards designers seeking to offer customization and one-of-a-kind.
- Ashley talks about all the other tours that are also available for buyers at High Point. The relevant information about all the tours is available on the High Point Market authority website. High Point Market
- Some tips for making sure that you are able to connect with the right people at High Point.
- There is an incredible Market Advisor Team available for you to call to answer any questions you may have prior to arriving at HP. They will also be available during the market.
- Lisa’s great tips and suggestions for getting ready for market.
Ashley Grigg is the Director of Marketing and Communications for the High Point Market Authority. High Point Market is the largest home furnishings trade show in the world and Ashley manages many of their projects, including media relations, educational programming, social media, and digital promotions. Ashley has over 13 years of experience in marketing and event management
Lisa Mende is the founder and principal of Lisa Mende Design based in Charlotte, NC which opened in 1998. She has built a reputation as one of the South’s Leading Luxury Designers and her work has been featured in many well-known national shelter and lifestyle magazines. As a designer and tastemaker, Lisa works with Brands and has served as a #Authlux Design Guild Member for House of Rohl for 2018, The Thermador Design Council and the Design Council for DSV Luxury in 2016. Lisa is an Allied Member of ASID and NKBA. She also pens the popular blog “The Design Connector” where she is currently kicking off a new series which will chronicle the renovation of her own home sharing all her favorite kitchen and bath products and as well as the renovation process with her readers.
Jeanne Chung is a luxury interior designer and retailer based in Southern California. In addition to heading up her own interior design firm, Jeanne owns a retail and to the trade showroom in Pasadena, CA which has become a favorite go-to destination for both designers and design enthusiasts who seek a unique and artfully edited selection of new and vintage home furnishings and accessories. Through her design blog Cozy Stylish Chic, Jeanne has become recognized as an influencer in the industry and frequently collaborates with brands and manufacturers. She is a regular speaker on trade show designer panels and has served as a High Point Market Style Spotter. Jeanne participated in the Pasadena Showcase House of Design in 2017 and in 2018, served on the Board of the ASID Pasadena Chapter.
About the High Point Market:
In October and April each year, the High Point Market attracts more than 75 000 retailers, interior designers, and service providers from more than 100 countries. There are nearly 2000 exhibitor showrooms across 180 buildings, covering twelve million square feet of space.
High Point Market was founded in 1909, in the Piedmont region of North Carolina. It is the world’s longest running home furnishings event and it is the driving force in the home furnishings industry. It is unrivaled in both its size and scope.
High Point Market features more Made in the USA furnishings than any other trade show, as well as a wide variety of imported goods, spanning every style, category, and price point.
Links and resources:
Website: High Point Market
Ashley’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the app CamCard: CamCard
Registration opens mid-July for the fall market
Fall Market: October 19th-23rd, 2019
When you do go to High Point, please be sure to stop by Kravet’s showroom, located at Market Square, #217 on the 2nd floor.
This show was previously aired as #406.