Nicole Gibbons: Interior Designer, TV Personality, Founder and CEO of Clare
Welcome to today’s episode! We have Nicole Gibbons on the show with us today and she’s an entrepreneur, interior designer, blogger, and on-air personality. Nicole spent more than a decade in the fashion industry, serving as the Global Director of PR and Events at a major woman’s retailer, prior to starting her work in the interior design industry. She has appeared on the Emmy Award-winning Home Made Simple, as well as on the Oprah Winfrey Network, for three seasons as a designer helping deserving families to re-imagine their living spaces. Listen in today, to find out more about Nicole.
Almost every interior design client that Nicole worked with complained to her about the overwhelming process of selecting and buying paint and also about the lack of transparency with the paint ingredients. So now Nicole has turned her attention to the paint industry, as the founder and CEO of an innovative new resource in paint called Clare. Clare takes the pain out of paint shopping because all the paint is Premium Zero VOC and Greenguard Gold Certified. Clare is also the first ever direct-to-consumer paint brand and Nicole has a to the trade program available, just for you! On the show today, she talks to us about her journey and she shares her observations about her diverse career and explains how Clare is reinventing the way that people shop for paint. Tune in for more!
- Nicole talks about her how she created her career by design.
- Transferring your skills from one career to the next.
- Nicole would love to be the next Martha Stewart.
- How Nicole’s career has evolved.
- Strategically creating a parallel path is not an easy thing to do.
- Some tips for establishing yourself in the design industry as a recognized expert.
- What it takes for an opportunity to get on TV.
- TV really doesn’t pay as much as you would expect.
- How to be comfortable in front of the camera.
- About Nicole’s exciting new endeavor that came to fruition in 2018.
- Nicole really wanted to disrupt an industry and do something that could help people solve a problem.
- Nicole’s ‘aha’ moment.
- How Nicole has done to simplify the color palette.
- The way that Nicole helps people with their color choice.
- Nicole’s product descriptions really help you to understand what the color will feel like.
- About the features of Clare’s seamless to the trade program.
- Nicole wants people to feel as safe as possible when using her paint products.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
High Point Market Spring 2019:
Ashley Grigg, Lisa Mende and Jeanne Chung #406
Century Furniture with Carrier & Co #407
Visual Comfort with Lauren Rottet #408
Nicole’s website: Clare
Article.Com Well Designed
If you are going to HP Spring 2019, please join LuAnn on Saturday, April 6th at 12 noon at the HPMKT Theater. She will be giving a keynote presentation followed by a book signing of her new book, The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business, The Power Talk Friday Experts. This book is actually launching the week before at LuAnn’s big event, LuAnn Nigara Live, It’s About the Conversation. To learn more, go to Luann Nigara and click on live events.