Power Talk Friday: Visual Comfort & Rottet Studio Launch New Line at High Point Market 2019
Welcome to our third sponsored show for High Point Market April 2019, brought to you by Visual Comfort and Co., and featuring the new product launch designed by today’s guest, Lauren Rottet. Lauren is one of the most-celebrated interior architects in the world today, with an extraordinary record of awards, publications, lectures, juries, and honors. We are really delighted to have this dynamic, innovative entrepreneur on the show with us! In today’s episode, she will be talking about her career, her lessons learned, and about her latest endeavor, the stunning lighting line she has designed for Visual Comfort and Co. Tune in now!
Visual Comfort and Company is located in Houston Texas, and they have been the premier source for signature designer lighting since 1997. For more than 30 years, Visual Comfort and Company has collaborated with some of the most influential and iconic designers in the industry to produce lighting using natural materials of exceptional quality and distinctive hand-applied living finishes. Visual Comfort is proud to offer the industry’s widest range of incomparable lighting choices of extraordinary quality at a remarkable value. Previous collections have been designed by design greats including Alexa Hampton, Thomas O’Brien, Kelly Wearstler, and John Roselli among others.
Lauren is the only woman in history to be elevated to Fellow status by both the American Institute of Architects and International Interior Design Association. She also holds the coveted titles of Interior Design Hall of Fame and Interiors (now Contract) Designer of the Year and she is a Lifetime Appointee to the U.S. General Services Administration’s National Register of Peer Professionals for Design Excellence. In 2006, she was inducted as an Inaugural Member of the Women in Design Hall of Fame. In 2012, she was named Boutique Design Designer of the Year. In 2014, Lauren was inducted into Hospitality Design magazine’s legendary Platinum Circle, the magazine’s highest honor for design professionals. Her furniture and product designs have earned her four gold medals for Best of NeoCon as well as a Chicago Athenaeum Award. Listen in to hear what she has to share on the show today.
- Lauren talks about her firm, how they started out, and how they got to where they are now.
- Hotels specifically budget for regular renovations.
- The way that Lauren practices diversification in her business.
- Designing for ocean and river cruisers.
- The way that Lauren’s team was educated about designing for ships and cruise liners.
- Everyone in Lauren’s office works on all the different kinds of projects.
- It takes a lot of homework to make a project successful.
- Creating the brochure for Viking.
- Breaking into a new market with hospitality.
- Lauren talks about her new venture with Visual Comfort.
- Lauren has always been fascinated by glass.
- She has been designing product for about thirty years.
- So much has opened up recently with new technology in lighting.
- Visual Comfort doesn’t skimp on quality!
- How Lauren’s relationship with Visual Comfort came about.
- The creation of a light, from design to manufacture.
- Lauren tells us where and when we’re going to get to see her at High Point Market.
Previous episodes mentioned on the show:
Website: Rottet Studio
Twitter: Rottet Studio
Instagram: Rottet Studio
Visual Comfort: Visual Comfort