Wendy Glaister: Not All Challenges Are Design Related
Welcome! We are really happy to have Wendy Glaister, of Wendy Glaister Interiors, here with us today! Wendy is a really sweet, kind, and cheerful lady with a million-dollar smile, and it’s very clear that being involved with philanthropic organizations, and giving back to her community are a big feature of Wendy’s design firm. On the show today we have a really wonderful and very inspiring conversation with Wendy where she shares some things that may surprise you and will certainly make you appreciate her. You’re in for a very different episode today! Listen in now to find out more!
Wendy Glaister Interiors is located in Modesto, California. And Wendy is an interior designer who has mastered the art of listening. She listens to her clients, to understand the things that will make their homes feel uniquely special, she listens to architects, to help make their vision come to fruition, and she listens to contractors, collaborating with their craftspeople and artisans to bring out the very best in every member of the team. Wendy is a delightful speaker, whether to an audience of design students or a seasoned group of interior design professionals. She is engaging, using self-deprecating humor to immediately disarm and warm her audience. She is currently serving as president of the Central Californian Nevada chapter of the ASID. Listen in to find out what Wendy has to share with you on the show today.
- Growing up, Wendy always really wanted to be a member of the ASID- and now she’s the ASID president!
- Being involved with philanthropic organizations, and giving back to her community is a big feature of Wendy’s design firm.
- Wendy talks about the three organizations that she patronizes and some of the things she does for them.
- What the Genesis 50/20 Foundation is all about.
- Wendy shares, for the very first time, about a profound challenge that she had to deal with in her life.
- Talking about difficult things really can really help people to get their power back.
- What it took for Wendy to realize that she wasn’t ‘the problem’.
- Wendy talks about her compulsion to do well and to help people.
- Why Wendy doesn’t think it’s fair to quit.
- Wendy’s business has grown a hundred percent, year over year, for three years!
- Ensuring that her son has a good life has been a huge motivator for Wendy.
- The help that she got from her gutsy pastor.
- How Wendy developed so much compassion for other people.
- From living in ‘survival mode’ to learning to trust again.
- That positive change she’s experienced in her business since talking on a partner.
- Wendy does boxing to release her pent-up tension.
- God has always shown up for Wendy and that has allowed her to remain optimistic.
- It’s really okay to be kind and helpful.
- How Wendy has managed to grow her business by a hundred percent a year, for three years in a row.
- Some business lessons that Wendy has learned along the way.
- It takes a lot of work to remain brave, take full responsibility, and be accountable for your business.
Website: Wendy Glaister Interiors
Facebook: Wendy Glaister Interiors
Instagram: Wendy Design
Pinterest: WKG Design
Twitter: WKG Designer
To support Wendy in her mission to provide mothers who are victims of domestic violence with the funds to obtain the therapy necessary to heal, you can do it through The Haven Women’s Center, Crickets Hope and Arts Therapy Program for children, and the Genesis 50/20 Foundation, which raises and distributes funds for trauma therapy. You can reach these organizations through Wendy’s website Wendy Glaister Interiors.