Charles, 9th Earl Spencer: Unveils Royal Furniture Line for Theodore Alexander
Welcome to the show! You’re really in for a royal treat today! We’re very excited to share LuAnn’s interview with Charles, the 9th Earl Spencer, as he unveils the Royal Funiture line for Theodore Alexander. LuAnn did this interview live, in person, at the Theodore Alexander Showroom in High Point, North Carolina. Lord Spencer is the younger brother of Diana, Princess of Wales. He is also a British nobleman, peer, author, journalist, and broadcaster. The Althorp Living History furniture collection was designed in partnership with Theodore Alexander. And it encompasses replications of furniture found in the 500-year-old Althorp Estate where Lord Spencer and Diana grew up. Listen in today to find out what Lord Spencer has to share about the Althorp Living History furniture collection.
For five centuries, Althorp – a sprawling English estate in bucolic Northamptonshire – has served as the primary residence of the Spencers, one of the most distinguished, aristocratic families in England with ties to Winston Spencer Churchill and the ancestors of George Washington.
It was this combination of rich legacy and the home’s warm, beautiful interiors that drew fine furniture maker Theodore Alexander to Althorp. The resulting collection of furniture and upholstery pieces in Althorp Living History draws inspiration from treasures gathered during the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries by Althorp’s famous inhabitants.
Theodore Alexander is renowned for unmatched craftsmanship, exquisite finishes, and extraordinary design. Covering a diversity of periods and styles, their collections encompass thousands of unique lighting, home accents, case goods, and upholstered furnishings. Theodore Alexander and its licensed collections (Althorp Living History, Keno Bros. for Theodore Alexander, Jamie Drake for Theodore Alexander, Michael Berman for Theodore Alexander, and Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander) are available throughout the world at fine furniture galleries and design centers. Listen in today to find out more!
- The “Spencer heritage” — 500 years of history in the Althorp Estate and how that history is captured in the furniture.
- The wonderful responsibility of being heir to the Althorp Estate.
- Retaining Althorp as a place of entertainment.
- For Lord Spencer, history is about people- not about dusty, dry facts.
- How the relationship between Lord Spencer and Theodore Alexander began.
- Lord Spencer enjoys the passion that Theodore Alexander has for the heritage of the furniture collection.
- Lord Spencer is able to provide the backstory of every single piece of furniture in the Althorp Living History line.
- How Theodore Alexander has helped to preserve the Althorp history and heritage through the furniture line.
- Lord Spencer talks about his favorite pieces in the collection.
- What buyers can expect when purchasing an Althorp/Theodore Alexander piece.
- Owning a cherished piece of history with the opportunity to create your own heritage with pieces with a rich history.
- What designers should know about the value of the Althorp Living History furniture collection, and also of Theodore Alexander, as a company, when considering introducing the furniture line into their projects.
Theodore Alexander’s website: Theodore Alexander.
The video of this interview is available on LuAnn’s Youtube channel: Youtube