Power Talk Friday: Jason Berkowitz: Optimize the SEO of Your Interior Design Business Website
Welcome to another Power Talk Friday! Everything is happening online these days, so we are really very happy to introduce you to Jason Berkowitz, of Break The Web Inc., a company that specializes in digital marketing and PR for businesses. Jason’s business is an inbound marketing agency and their goal is to generate traffic which could ultimately turn into leads, sales, and customers. On the show today, Jason talks about the services that his company provides, that may be of interest to interior designers. He also explains what you, as interior designers, need to have in place, in order to come to the table. Listen in to hear what Jason has to say about digital marketing and public relations.
Jason started out as a business owner at the age of nineteen. He quickly came to recognize the importance of marketing and brand security. And he also realized that he had to take matters into his own hands because the available information was all so contradictory.
Jason’s digital journey started in 2010 and his mission that year was to learn the ins-and-outs of digital marketing and more specifically, of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Through extensive networking, he had the opportunity to surround himself with some of the greatest and brightest minds in the industry. So he began utilizing and designing frameworks that led to a successful search-engine presence, spending hours analyzing algorithms and reading patent documents in an attempt to understand metrics for online visibility.
Jason launched his first SEO agency out of New York City in mid-2010. They launched SEO campaigns for more than 300 businesses, secured over 50 000 Page 1 rankings and worked with some of the largest brands in the world. Then, in 2016, they launched their parent company, Break The Web, Inc., with a focus on Digital Marketing services and business acquisitions. Since then, they have acquired 2 successful digital marketing agencies out of San Diego, California, and New York City. Listen in to find out more.
- Jason explains what his company does.
- The value in targeting your local area for marketing your business.
- Where and how digital marketing and PR is taking place.
- Jason’s approach to digital marketing.
- Paid advertising campaigns can be a little budget heavy.
- Spending money on a digital marketing campaign pays off.
- Teaching in-house teams to make the whole marketing process seamless.
- How Jason structures his pricing.
- A typical management fee that Jason charges for an ads campaign.
- The SEO myths that Jason thinks really ought to be busted.
- Using click-bait with the best intent.
- Working with SEO really effectively.
- Creating search tags for Youtube videos.
- Google algorithms have become very smart- they can understand what’s semantically relevant and what’s not.
- Keeping things natural within an SEO campaign.
Previous episodes mentioned in this show:
LinkedIn: Jason Berkowitz SEO
Facebook: Jason Berkowitz NYC
Twitter: J Berkowitz SEO
YouTube: Jason Berkowitz SEO