Jessica Duce: VRBO Interior Design
Welcome to the show! Today we are excited to introduce you to Jessica Duce, the principal of J Duce Design in Colorado. With a lot of hard work, and a little good luck, Jessica discovered her ideal client and so today she specializes in VRBO and Air BnB Design. On the show today, Jessica tells the story of how she saw an opportunity to follow a completely new path in her business and jumped right in. Listen in today to learn about the joys and the challenges of designing for VRBO properties.
J Duce Design has won multiple best of Houzz awards and has been featured in Parker Lifestyle Magazine, Highlands Ranch Lifestyle Magazine, and Omaha Family Magazine. Jessica was honored as Volunteer of the Year for her work for Habitat for Humanity. In 2018, J Duce Design is launching the Denver chapter of Savvy Giving by Design launched by Susan Wintersteen of Savvy Design. The goal of the non-profit chapter is to help families in crisis improve their current living environment for health and wellbeing at no charge to them. Listen in to find out more.
- The story of what has happened to Jessica’s company in the last three years.
- How Jessica launched into the world of designing for VRBO properties.
- The scheduling challenges that come with VRBO designing.
- Jessica’s awesome team.
- The one home that Jessica worked on has led to her working on five other homes in the last three years.
- Jessica discusses her connection in property management.
- Times are changing with vacation homes and Air BnB.
- Being creative when spending money to create the ‘wow’ factor.
- Jessica’s goals when meeting with the housekeeping staff.
- Dealing with the ‘flips’.
- Some important things that Jessica has learned about designing for VRBO homes.
- Some things that need to be considered when designing for the VRBO market.
- The story of the really successful Captain Arnold’s house.
- Designing to appeal to the holiday market.
- Experimenting with the best ways to invest money in VRBO properties.
- Creating a photo spot in every house.
- Learning lots of new ideas from the BDNY.
- The biggest lesson that Jessica has learned in the last three years.