Dina Holland: Blogging, Instagram, and Business Strategies
Welcome! We have Dina Holland with us on the show today. And she’s someone you may already know from her Instagram stories, with her really down-to-earth, likable and engaging approach. On today’s show, we talk to Dina about the importance of finding your personal voice and the value of being real and authentic in everything you do- with your blog, your social media, and your website. Listen in today to find out how this can really help you to find clients who are just the right fit for you.
Dina is the founder and principal of Dina Holland Interiors, but you might know her through her blog and Instagram account name, Honey, and Fitz. It all started with a blog about eight years ago when Dina chronicled her own adventures in home decor and DIY projects. What started out as just a personal creative outlet quickly grew into a following of thousands with readers tuning in to see her own projects and those for neighbors and friends. Through word of mouth and the power of social media, Dina has grown her business far beyond the reaches of her blog and turned it into a successful full-service interior design firm with clients all over the country. Listen in today to find out what Dina has to share.
- How Dina’s authentic voice on her website is a pre-qualifier to the clients that are reaching out to her.
- The importance of being true to yourself.
- The list of questions that Dina has on her website.
- How Dina’s questions help potential clients to find just the kind of help that they’re looking for.
- The really clever content to be found on Dina’s website.
- Why Dina has put pricing on her website.
- The really great copy on Dina’s website.
- How Dina learned all she knows about design.
- How Dina started out as an e-designer.
- Dina’s shift towards Instagram.
- How, as a designer, to start charging friends and acquaintances.
- The importance of having really good photos.
- Charging appropriately for the managing, sourcing, ordering, and shipping of products.
- Why charging an hourly rate is simply not enough.
- How Dina managed to figure out the next level of trade sources.
- How Dina managed to do floor plans when she first started out without any training.
- How Dina dealt with her branding- from Honey and Fitz to Dina Holland Interiors.
- Dina is getting ready to launch a small online shop.
Other episodes mentioned on the show:
Website – Dina Holland Interiors
Shop (launching later this summer) – Dina Holland Interiors
Instagram – @HoneyandFitz
To become a trade member of Article.com go to http://www.welldesigned.article.com to register.