Orlando Soria: Interior Designer, Author, Artist
Welcome! Today we have Orlando Soria, the founder of the blog Hommemaker, with us on the show. Orlando is a really charming and thoughtful interior designer, writer, and visual artist, from Los Angeles, California, with an unpretentious attitude towards the world, and his place in it. Listen in to our conversation today and find out what he has to say about the way that design, art, and writing can influence the world and the way that people think.
Orlando got his start on HGTV as Emily Henderson‘s on-camera assistant on the home makeover series Secrets From A Stylist. A graduate of Cornell’s University’s College of Architecture, Art and Planning and The University of Pennsylvania’s School of Design, Orlando has been a staple of the design industry for years. His first book, Get It Together!, was released in Spring 2018 and in May of this year, Domino named him as one of the top twenty-nine designers to follow on Instagram. Listen in today to find out more!
- All about Orlando’s zany brand new book, Get It Together! An Interior Designers Guide to Creating Your Best Life.
- The creative process that Orlando went through, writing his book.
- Why Orlando’s book really stands out from all other design books.
- Orlando’s humble and unpretentious upbringing.
- What influenced Orlando’s creativity, growing up.
- Why Orlando really likes to make things.
- Why Orlando loves Martha Stewart so much!
- What it was like, being on TV, and what Orlando has learned from the whole experience.
- Orlando’s really lucky break!
- Orlando’s humble attitude towards his strokes of luck.
- Learning to appreciate the good things that come your way, in life.
- The struggles that Orlando has gone through, since graduating.
- Orlando discusses his blog, Hommemaker.
- Orlando’s plans, going forward.
Hommemaker website: Homme Maker
Orlando on Instagram: Orlando Soria
Orlando on Pinterest: Orlando Soria
Orlando on Facebook: Homme Maker
Orlando on Twitter: Orlando Soria
To buy a copy of Orlando’s book:
Get It Together!: An Interior Designer’s Guide to Creating Your Best Life