Power Talk Friday: John Dupra – Revel Woods Launches New To The Trade Program
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We have John Dupra of Revel Woods with us for an interview today and they are also the sponsor of today’s show! Revel Woods’ mission is to make the buying process of expert-curated, high-quality hardwood floors as easy as possible. Today, John explains the proprietary algorithm, and how it removes a large number of the technical barriers that one normally faces when sourcing a wooden floor. He also talks about the new website that they are launching, with a revamped pro-program, to help you, as designers, to make money on this sought-after, high-ticket item. Listen in today to find out about the really unique method that Revel Woods has developed specifically to enable interior designers to learn about and also to confidently specify hardwood floors on their projects.
John’s father, Craig, started out in the wood-flooring business, working as an installer and a re-finisher before John was even born. Craig did this work for twenty-four years before eventually opening his own wholesale wood-flooring distribution company in Rochester, New York. While John was growing up, he spent all his summer holidays helping his father in his business. He then took a job with Saint-Gobain, a large materials manufacturing company, where he traveled the country as a sales engineer, working with flooring contractors for a period of eight years, before deciding to return home to join the family business in wholesale distribution. When John returned to the business, he joined up with the operations manager and together they developed an idea to put the boutique flooring showroom experience online. Their inspiration came from high-end fashion sites, like Stitch Fix and Trunk Club, and this was how the idea for Revel Woods was born. John has been featured in a number of the publications in the industry, including being recognized in Hardwood Floor Magazine’s first ever forty under forty.
Listen in to find out more!
- John talks about the supply chain in the industry.
- Where interior designers can go to see what the Revel Woods product looks like. (Revel Woods)
- How Revel Woods make their product equally and fairly available to everybody at the distribution level so that they are able to control the end-user experience from beginning to end.
- Why the Revel Woods brand is really a brand of curated expertise from top to bottom.
- The high level of care that’s provided by Revel Woods.
- What happens when you complete the Revel Woods Selector and how it works.
- How flooring really forms the center of every design space from an aesthetic standpoint.
- How the Revel Woods product is designed to technically empower and also to provide a financial incentive for interior designers.
- What Revel Woods are doing with their brand-new website.
- How the new Revel Woods website solves pain-points for designers.
- The discount plus a rebate structure that Revel Woods has settled on for pro accounts, as an incentive for interior designers.
- How every aspect of the way that Revel Woods operates is very well thought out.
- How Revel Woods have closed the loop to help find qualified installers for solo or small business owners who want to source their product.
- Getting to really understand professional installers and the way that they think.
- The way that Revel Woods will really work well for less experienced designers.
- The incredible kind of support that Revel Woods gives designers.
- The awesome features to be found on the new Revel Woods website!
Website: Revel Woods
Facebook: Revel Woods
Pinterest: Revel Woods