Deborah Von Donop: Understanding Why and How to Monetize Your Interior Design Blog
Welcome to today’s episode! On the show today we are going to be having an in-depth conversation with Deborah Von Donop, an interior designer, and well-known blogger. We will be talking to Deborah about monetizing your blog and also about how and why it is really important to create a content-rich blog, in order to drive readers and design enthusiasts to your website for the opportunity to monetize through affiliate links and sponsored content. Listen in to find out more about networking as your biggest resource for growth.
Deborah is the principal of DVD Interiors in Connecticut and she is the editor and founder of the national blog DVD Interior Design. Deborah also guests blogs for a number of other sites, including Westchester Magazine, I blog Magazine, Blissfully Domestic.Com and more. She writes weekly posts about design resources, highlights from industry events and also interior design topics which are aimed to educate and inspire her readers. Deborah’s experience includes a BFA in Interior Architecture from Cal State University in Long Beach, a CCIDQ certification, an NCIDQ certification and a LEED GA credential. All of this combines really well to bring an in-depth knowledge to all of her projects. Listen in now to find out what Deborah has to share about upping your game in social media.
Note- This show with Deborah pairs very nicely with the upcoming show featuring Claire Jefford, which will air next week. It follows up on today’s show with how to create your own content to sell through your website and blog, so be on the lookout for that!
- Deborah discusses her evolution from interior designer to online media marketing expert.
- How Deborah really got to grips with the online marketing space from the inside out.
- How the online marketing space has really widened Deborah’s opportunities.
- How Deborah is now applying her experience from her blog, over the last few years, to her interior design business.
- Why Deborah really loves to teach people about the importance of republishing their work.
- Why you really have to give a lot before asking for anything back in the online space.
- Three good places to start with monetizing your blog.
- How advertising has evolved to become more sophisticated.
- Making money through affiliate marketing.
- Why middle bloggers are rising in the online space.
- Why you should always be consistent with your message in the online space.
- About word of mouth marketing.
- Ten great online environment options.
- Getting your blog to the point where you can monetize it.
- How much traffic you need to be a successful affiliate marketer.
- The benefits of using evergreen content in your blog.
- Creating income through sponsored content.
- Why you have to be really passionate about blogging to make it.
To contact Deborah, or to get her Visibility Package go to DvD Interior Design
Book mentioned on the show: Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuck.
To get all the details about the Kips Bay show-house go to Kips Bay show-house