Power Talk Friday: Kristan McLaughlin – Your Local Design Center As A Resource for Your Interior Design Projects
There is a new landscape to how consumers are shopping for design products. More and more design clients are choosing products and features online. It might seem like the heyday of the local Design Center is over, but that is far from the truth. Your local design center is an ever-evolving resource for you and all of your design products. How can you properly utilize a design center to keep up with a changing industry? How do they remain a designer-focused tool, rather than a consumer-focused tool? My guest, Kristan McLaughlin, is going to answer all of this and more!
Kristan McLaughlin is the General Manager of Leasing & Partnerships at the Boston Design Center (BDC), the region’s preeminent destination for luxury interior furnishings. For the last 4 years, she has been overseeing the massive 350,000 sq. ft. space that houses 70 home and contract showrooms. Kristan is also the President of the Design Centers International, a Board Member of the Decorative Furnishings Association and a partner to many such as Boston Home, Design New England, and New England Home to name a few. Kristan is a proud mom of 5 humans and 2 Golden Retrievers – Hula and Finn – who keep her from becoming a true empty-nester. She and her family look forward to moving back to Boston in the future and decorating their “grown-up home.”
I am excited for you to hear so much more about how the Boston Design Center is ahead of the curve in innovation and style. You won’t want to miss out!
More in this episode:
- Why a Design Center is still an important part of the new landscape of consumer purchases.
- Why a Design Center is the place for the most “Aha” moments!
- Design Centers across the country are absolutely evolving to the new market and new consumer.
- Event spaces and conference rooms are just another way the Centers are utilizing their spaces well.
- Clients don’t have to come in with a designer.
- Discover the product search engine that was designed within the industry!
- The new offerings that Design Centers are doing to make their services even more accessible.
- Being a part of the Design Center can be a good way to keep your foot in the field.
- Engaging with the internet is good for business.
Facebook: Boston Design Center