Jason Byrne -The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business®
Welcome! Jason Byrne of Jason Byrne Design joins us today for the second airing of The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business- the listener version. Jason has been a really kind supporter of the show over the last few months and he’s been keeping in touch regularly via email. One time he sent an email with a list of the things that he’s done in his business based on what he learned from listening to this podcast and he has sent others, with the specifics about the shows that he really liked and what he gained from listening to them. He particularly enjoyed the solo show about vendors and he sent LuAnn the most amazing, heartfelt email the next day to thank her for the show and to tell her how well it resonated with him! Listen in today to find out more.
On the show today Jason starts out discussing his mission statement- Delivering excellence through communication and design- and what it really means to him, because sometimes mission statements can be quite a stumbling block for new designers. Jason, who used to teach Design Technology at Sydney Design School, also shares some of his expertise about the best kind of technology to use for either commercial or residential design and he explains some of the ways that he has made use of what he’s learned from the podcast. Listen in to find out what Jason has to share today!
- Jason talks about his mission statement- how he arrived at it and what it means to him.
- He explains why he is so focused on clear communication.
- Why it’s so important to Jason that less-than-good news really needs to be delivered in person.
- Jason explains how this show helped him to develop his ‘schedule of fees’ and his ‘job run sheet’ documents.
- Jason discussed some of the specifics around the documents that he has developed.
- How Jason ensures that he and his client are really on the same page when discussing design.
- A document that Jason developed and little exercise he designed to help his clients to understand where they are in the process.
- The importance of maintaining a really clear connection with your client.
- How the idea of a weekly client email has really helped Jason. (Laura Umanksy #64)
- The various design technologies that Jason would recommend for both commercial and residential designers. (He used to teach Design Technology at Sydney Design School.)
- How to get up and running with Autocad.
- About some of the more advanced design tech products.
Jason’s website: http://www.jasonbyrnedesign.com
His website and social: Jason Byrne Design Facebook: Jason Byrne Design Instagram: Jason Byrne Design Pinterest: Jason Byrne Design – Nail Salon