Elizabeth Scruggs- The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business®
There have been a number of designers who have emailed LuAnn over the years and shared with her their lists of all the things that they have learned from the podcast and then applied directly to their businesses. It then occurred to LuAnn that if you, the listener, actually hear your peers explaining the results of taking those actions, it may just give you the extra push that you need to take action on all the information that you have received from the show. That is what has motivated LuAnn to start this new feature for the show so listen in today to find out more!
Our guest for today is Elizabeth Scruggs and she’s the owner of Superior Construction And Design in Tennessee. She is the mid state’s only female general contractor and designer. She’s been in business since 2000. Recognizing a love of construction when building her own home at the age of twenty-four, she knew that coupling that knowledge with her interior design skill was a service that few could provide. Elizabeth and SC and D have won numerous awards over the years and she believes that continuing education is vital for success.
Elizabeth attends industry trade events and market events each year and she was a member of the Modenus Blog Tour of K-biz in January of 2018. She currently serves on the national board of directors for the Real Estate Staging Association, the board of directors for the Nashville chapter of the Nashville Association of Women in Construction, she’s the vice-president of the virtual chapter of the Interior Design Society and the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Elizabeth’s clients are busy working professionals in the age range of forty-five to fifty-five, looking to upgrade their current home, but lacking the time and desire to oversee it.
She finds her sweet spot in handling these full-home renovations from inception to completion. Elizabeth has been a contributing writer for Wilson County’s premier magazine, Wilson Living, for six years and she’s been featured in The Lebanon Democrat, The Wilson Post, and The Mount Juliet Chronicle. Elizabeth resides in Tennessee, just east of Nashville, with her husband of twenty-six years and their twin daughters and young son. Listen in to find out what Elizabeth has to share with you today.
- Elizabeth shares about what it was about Brittany and her company that moved her to action.(#149)
- Elizabeth’s ‘aha moment’ with Gavin Zuchlinski of Acuity Scheduling and how Acuity has really worked for her. (#241)
- All about Elizabeth’s ‘pick your brain’ thirty-minute phone calls.
- How Elizabeth has benefited from getting to know about Kate The Socialite. (#104)
- What Elizabeth has learned about systems from Kimberley Seldon. (#112)
- Why Elizabeth really loves Nancy Ganzekaufer’s Business In Words so much! (#256)
- What she learned from The Prepared Performer- Molly Mahoney. (#247)
- Elizabeth’s awesome takeaway from the Facebook Live Queen- Jessica Brace. (#250)
- What Kate O’Hara had to teach Elizabeth about Pinterest. (#215)
- What she took away from the episode with Summer Tannhauser. (#292)
- How much Elizabeth learned from the episode with Leslie Carothers and Sam Henderson of the Savour Partnership. (#209)
- The effect that the episode with Adam Japko, of the Design Blogger’s Conference, had on her. (#95)
- Time chunking with Darci Hether. (#220)
- Lessons learned from Carla Aston (#242), Fred Berns (#174), and Tabitha Carro (#235).
- About Elizabeth’s relationship with her good friend and designer bestie Kristie Barnett aka The Decorologist.