Power Talk Friday: Jeff Bullas – You Have a Interior Design Blog, Now What?
Welcome to today’s episode of Power Talk Friday. We are really very happy to introduce Jeff Bullas, an expert social media marketing blogger, strategist and speaker from Sydney Australia, as our guest for today’s show. LuAnn has been a great fan of his work for years and she has also been on his email list and following him for a really long time. Despite all the conversations that we’ve had on the show about blogging, there are still some things about it that continue to plague us, as designers. So today Jeff will be talking about why blogging really works and he will also be sharing some of his expertise about ways to get your audience to find you on social media and how to write killer headlines. Listen in to find out more!
Jeff is the author of the book Blogging The Smart Way- How To Create And Market A Killer Blog With Social Media. He is listed in Forbes as one of the Top Twenty Influencers of CMO’s in 2017, he has been ranked by Apollo Research as the Top Twenty Influencers of Digital Marketing in the USA and he is also number one in Global Digital Marketing Influencer 2016. He has been named as one of the Top 100 Social Media Influencers in 2015 and he was featured in Inc.Com as one of the twenty digital marketing experts to follow on Twitter. Forbes ranked Jeff as number eight on The World’s Top 40 Social Marketing Talent, and he gets over four million visitors to his site each year, so listen in to find out what Jeff has to share with you today about blogging and getting yourself known on social media.
- Jeff discusses his passion and philosophy and talks about how blogging can really become a positive force in your business.
- Attracting an audience that really loves what you do.
- Overcoming problems and challenges through writing blog posts about your pain points.
- Why Jeff believes that content and blogging is so important.
- Are you wanting to become an industry leader or a celebrity designer, or are you just looking for a stepping stone to creating more business for your business? Jeff explains the different tactics for the different goals.
- Email is still the business tool of choice for communication, so Jeff explains some ways to inspire people to hand over their email addresses.
- Creating really effective lead magnets.
- Some awesome advice about titles and headlines.
- What you need in order to build your distribution on the more visual platforms like Instagram and Pinterest.
- Looking at what the top performers are doing in order to get some great ideas.
- Developing the kinds of habits that will really work for you.
- What deep work looks like and why you really need to do it!
- Creating content of consequence.
- A success habit that many smart people seem to ignore.
- Some strategies to help your audience to find you.
Connect with Jeff:
Blogger at JeffBullas.com – more than 4 million people visit every year
Author of the Amazon Best Seller – “Blogging the Smart Way – How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media”
Forbes “Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers – 2014” – Ranked #8
Follow me on Twitter and join the community of more than 320,000 of your peers