Blanche Garcia – You Teach Clients How to Treat You
Today’s guest is Blanche Garcia, a certified interior designer with more than eighteen years of experience in commercial and residential design. Blanche is one of the principal designers featured in the Travel Channel reality series Hotel Impossible and she was also a contestant in season six of HGTV Design Star. Blanche owns a design business and she also does a lot of speaking at design industry events, where she shares her proven methods for ‘surviving’ her interior design business. On the show today she will be discussing how she runs the business side of things, so listen in to find out more.
Blanche is the owner of B. Garcia Designs which is based in Montclair New Jersey. She is a member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and she’s also a ‘Green Design’ LEED Accredited Professional through the United States Green Building Commission. Listen in today as Blanche discusses her really focused approach to running a successful design business.
- How Blanche ended up doing so much public speaking for the design industry.
- Where Blanche finds the time to do everything that she does.
- What helped her to learn to figure everything out really quickly.
- A simple way to teach people how to treat you.
- Putting up parameters in order to maintain professional control.
- Taking the pain out of the whole billing structure.
- Having the right kind of agreement with your client.
- Giving yourself the time to be creative.
- How Blanche assesses what the budget of a project should be.
- The importance of clear communication.
- The insane amount of purchases that are going through Blanche’s office.
- Blanche’s remarkable time management.
- Her disciplined and focused approach to her work.
Her Book Link: http://www.bgarciadesigns.com/book/
Instagram Link: Instagram
Twitter Link: Twitter
Facebook Link: Facebook