Shannon Tate: The Road to Interior Design isn’t Always Straight
Welcome to today’s episode! We have Shannon Tate, a real go-getter, with us on the show today. She opened her business, Shannon Tate Interiors, in 2012, after having worked in a very diverse range of artistic fields, such Acting, Fine Art, Fashion, Writing, Lifestyle Coaching and even spending some time working as a Private Chef. Shannon, who is also a Certified Holistic Health Coach, loves to pair her artistic vision with her sense of empathy, her Reiki training and her knowledge of Ayurveda and Feng Shui.
In addition to her Interior Design Services, Shannon designs and creates custom furniture, art and home décor for her projects. After being in business for only five years, Shannon has been featured in Home Polish three times, Apartment Therapy twice, Design Sponge, Domino, The Nest, New England Home, and Modern Sanctuary. Listen in now, to find out more about Shannon’s artistic approach to her Interior Design business.
Shannon grew up both in New York and Los Angeles. On today’s show, she shares the story of how she, her husband and their daughter ended up in the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts, so listen in, to find out more.
- Shannon talks about her earlier career, which eventually brought her to Interior Design.
- A funny story about why Shannon left Design School when she was still very young.
- The food business that Shannon and her husband ran together.
- How Shannon has managed to incorporate her Lifestyle Coaching with Interior Design.
- Their crazy move to Massachusetts, which prompted Shannon to hire a Coach.
- How Shannon got featured in so many top Design Publications, after opening her business only five years ago.
- How Shannon works to get what she really wants.
- The nuts and bolts of how Shannon Tate Interiors is run.
- Shannon explains her recent change in the way that she charges her clients.
- How Shannon deals with clients who want to negotiate her contract.
- Offering excellent Customer Service, without compromising your own principals.
- What’s coming up for Shannon in 2018.
Connect with Shannon:
Remember that you can get 10% off your first purchase from Kravet, by going to http://www.curatedkravet.com and using the code CK Podcast at the checkout.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
To contact LuAnn, you can text her using the word Design Biz on 444999, or you can email her at email@example.com .