Marina Umali: How Feng Shui and Interior Design Meet
Welcome to A Well Designed Business! Today we have a really special treat for LuAnn (and hopefully for you too). We have Interior Designer Marina Umali of Marina V Design Studio in New Jersey with us and on today’s show she discusses the art of Feng Shui and how she uses this practice in conjunction with her Interior Design work. At the time of recording this show, both Marina and LuAnn were really looking forward to the Lunch And Learn, where Marina presented Five Easy Steps To Invite Success Into Your Personal And Your Professional Life, With The Art Of Feng Shui, at the Window Works Showroom. Although the Lunch And Learn has already aired, you can still go over to http://www.facebook.com/awelldesignedbusiness and find it. Listen in to find out more!
Marina is a New York State Certified Interior Designer. She’s lead accredited and she studied Architecture at Parson School Of Design and Interior Design at The Fashion Institute Of Technology. Marina worked as an Interior Designer for a number of different Architectural firms in New York City, before starting Marina V Design Studio. She is a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner and she is about to start her second term on the board of the International Feng Shui Guild. You may even remember Marina from the My Doma commercials that she recorded over the summer. Listen in now, to find out more about Marina and how she uses the art of Feng Shui to enhance her Designing.
- What initially drove Marina to learning about Feng Shui.
- Marina gives an example of how Feng Shui really changed someone’s life.
- How changing the décor of your home, using the art of Feng Shui, could really bring changes to other, unrelated areas of your life.
- How Feng Shui really works hand in hand with Interior Design.
- Marina’s common sense approach to using Feng Shui in conjunction with Interior Design.
- What the course that Marina did, to learn about Feng Shui, entailed.
- There are a number of different schools of thought about Feng Shui, so this should be kept in mind, when selecting a school, if you’re considering studying it.
- Some of the differences in the various schools of thought about Feng Shui.
- Why you should care about Feng Shui, in Marina’s opinion.
- How Fung Shui talks to other, seemingly unrelated areas of people’s lives, via their intention.
- Marina explains how Feng Shui is working with LuAnn and her partners, at Window Works.
- Marina gives some things to bear in mind about Feng Shui, when making some changes, or designing a space.
- Playing around with the various elements of Feng Shui, to create a more harmonious space. (Water, wood, fire, metal)
- Why the position of your bed is more important than you’d think.
- Marina’s intuitive use of Feng Shui.
- What to look out for, in terms of Feng Shui, when looking at a home.
- Using Feng Shui when changing the layout of a house.
- What the Feng Shui Guild has been set up for.
- Marina is going to host a workshop for interior Designers, on how to incorporate Feng Shui into your designs and also about what you need to know about Feng Shui, to inform your clients.
If you, as an Interior Designer, have any questions relating to Feng Shui, you can email Marina for answers. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit Marina’s website at www.MarinaVDesignStudio.com
Use the link http://www.mydomastudio.com/awelldesignedbusiness to access the goodies that are there for you!