Darci Hether: Literally The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business
Today we have a particularly inspiring episode! If you’re the type of businessperson who takes action and can appreciate it when others do too, you’re really going to learn a lot from today’s guest, Darci Hether. She’s on the show today to let you know that if and when you come across new ideas or business strategies, if you not only hear them, but you also implement them, you can change your business for the better. Listen in to find out more. You’re going to love this show!
Darci began her Design career in 1998, in Southern California, before moving to New York City in 2002. Once there, she worked as a Lead Designer and Project Manager for notable and award winning firms, like Workshop APD and Vicente Wolf Associates. Then, in 2008 Darci founded Darci Hether New York. She was named ‘Rising Star’ by New York Cottages and Gardens. Listen in today, as Darci shares how she turned up both the productivity and profitability on her Interior Design Firm, this year.
- Darci explains how she went from inspiration to action.
- Darci found it very difficult to rewrite her bio, so she contacted Fred Berns (#48) for a consultation.
- Darci explains her new approach to being compensated for the work she does and how she feels about it. She really understands her value now.
- Darci explains how she managed to implement the new advice she received, after already having been in business for ten years. She was both excited and terrified!
- How Darci arrived at the fee that she charges for a consultation. There are many hidden things to also be taken into consideration.
- Darci now brings a contract along with her to an initial consultation, for the client to review.
- Sometimes a client only needs a consultation with Darci for an hour or two and nothing more. Darci finds that this can work for her, now that she’s set a specific fee for her consultations.
- Darci explains how she’s utilized ‘time chunking’.
- Darci explains her thought processes that went into the way that she created her Employee handbook.
- Darci suggests that you find a trusted colleague that you can reach out to regularly, for support.
- Some great advice: Go and think of all the things that you’ve been inspired to do differently, in your business (that you’ve not yet done), pick one of them, set a time frame and just do it!
LuAnn wants you to know that she’s been asked to moderate a panel, on Designing Tech, at America’s Mart in Atlanta, on the 26th or the 27th of September. The dates have not yet been finalized.
She will also be hosting another Facebook Live Event, at the opening celebration of the brand new Kravet Showroom in Philadelphia. This will happen around the first week in October. Final dates still to be announced.