Power Talk Friday: Website Tips For Design Pro’s with Yian Quach
The guest for today’s Power Talk Friday is Yian Quach. Yian, who is originally from Seattle, Washington, has been designing websites since 2015 and he helps professionals in the Design Industry to cure their web site pain so that they can grow their businesses. There is a particular mention, on his website, that LuAnn found quite interesting- in addition to his role as Website Doctor, Yian really loves educating and his original career was as an English Teacher! Listen in as Yian explains all about his real genius ways with websites.
Yian’s clients have been published in a number of top shelf magazines, including Architectural Digest, Lux, Hudson Mod and Editor At Large. The thing about Yian is that he has a rare combination of skills in the areas of Website Design, Copywriting and Coding and he’s also familiar with all the nuances of the Interior Design Industry. He regularly attends Industry Trade Shows, so you may even know him. In the past year, he’s been at High Point Spring Market, Brooklyn Designs, ICFF (where he and LuAnn did a Facebook Live for Curated Kravet), The D and D Building Spring Market and later this month, he’ll be at Las Vegas Furniture Market. Listen in now, to learn about the really actionable ways that Yian works to help people to cure their website pains.
- The kinds of website pains that Yian cures.
- Yian explains the details of his Criteria List of twelve items, which he uses to evaluate websites.
- Does the website feel clean and easy to use?
- Does the website feel complete and up to date?
- Does the website feel thoughtfully written and succinct?
- Does the website feel fresh?
- Does the website feel guided?
- Does the website feel beautiful?
- Does the website feel personal enough?
- Does the website feel cohesive?
- Does the website/designer feel endorsed?
- Does the website/designer feel credible and authoritative?
- Does the website feel actionable?
- Does the website feel polished?
- Yian tests his very simple Grading System (A+ to E) that he uses to evaluate websites, on his own website.
- Consider hiring a wedding photographer to get a really great video for your website.
- Yian helps LuAnn to evaluate her website, using his Criteria List.
- Yian points out some missed opportunities on LuAnn’s website.
- The impact of having website photos that fill the whole screen.
- The cohesiveness of the voice on websites is something that is often overlooked.
- Yian points out where LuAnn’s website could be more actionable.
- Yian assists LuAnn with ways to tweak the logo and header on her website.
- Yian encourages you to take advantage of his Website Review.
- Yian’s Free Giveaway- Yian will be giving away five free Website Reviews to the first five professionals in the Design Industry, to contact him at housedigitaldesign.com/a-well-designed-business and articulate their particular web site pain, within one week of this podcast being aired.
Yian will be covering the Las Vegas Furniture Market, later this month, on the Tastefully Inspired Facebook Page, with lots of live videos. Like the page and ensure that you get the notifications when it goes live.