Charmaine Wynter – How to Niche in Small Space Design
My guest today is Charmaine Wynter!
She’s the principal of Wynter Interiors and the owner of Bespoke Design Boutique in Texas. You may already know Charmaine because she is one very busy lady! She is a radio show host of The Living Well show, a speaker, HGTV design host pioneer and you may know her from her design advice column, Ask the decorator. In addition to all of this, Charmaine is a firm believer in paying it forward. She has been involved in several charities and has sat on universities and government advisory boards to help shape the interior design industry. Today we are going to discuss the design niches of designing for small spaces.
- What are the particular ways to approach a small room design?
- Why is color so important for smaller spaces?
- What are the key questions to ask your client when designing a smaller space?
- What size furniture should be used in these smaller spaces?
- How can you create visual depth?
- What is designing vertical?
- Is there any part of the curriculum in design school that teaches how to design smaller spaces?
- Where can designers learn more about designing these smaller spaces?
- What is the Living Well Show about?
- Where can you listen to Charmaine’s show?
- What does the word boutique mean?
- How did she get into the niche of boutique work?
- How are her packages set up?