Julianne Taylor: Author of DesignHer- Inspiring Entrepreneurs Shaping Today’s Home Decor Industry
Episode 115 of A Well-Designed Business®
Julianne Taylor is the founder and creative director of Taylor Burke Home: a luxury home décor brand offering bold, unexpected and sophisticated in furniture and lighting. Since launching Taylor Burke Home in 2012 Julianne has quickly emerged one of the home décor’s most prominent female entrepreneurs. She is also known in the industry as a trend setter and taste maker. She has a BFA in interior design from the University of Georgia and a Masters in Human Resources from the University of South Carolina.
- What famous show did Julianne appear on?
- How did Taylor Burke Home come into thoughts?
- What were the biggest factors getting Taylor Burke Home going?
- How did she do a proof of concept to make sure her business was going to be successful?
- How much money do you need to start your business?
- What is “SCORE” and how can it help when starting a business?
- Be careful of the dream killers!
- What made Atlanta the place to debut?
- What sort of products does Julianne have at Taylor Burke Home?
- How many female entrepreneurs did Julianne interview for her book, DesignHER?
- What was the experience like interviewing these ladies for her book?
- Are there certain things that Julianne would say female entrepreneurs would go through when running a business?
- What nickname did she get working in her business?
- What advice would she give to other female entrepreneurs starting out or planning to start a business?