Power Talk Friday- Shauna Lynn Simon- Part 2- How to Host A Successful Consumer Event For Your Community
Welcome to another power talk Friday!
We have Shauna Lynn Simon with us again today! If you listened to a previous power talk Friday, we started talking about how to host a successful home consumer event. In the first episode, we talked about the first three things that you need to do to set up a successful event. This included choosing your title, choosing the venue for the workshop, how to market your event and securing sponsors. Today Shauna Lynn is going to take it further with us and talk about content creation, managing and selecting guest speakers if it’s not yourself, handouts that you should possibly do using your event for a lead generation machine.
- How can you create a good visual at your event?
- If you don’t access to electronic presentation what are some other ways to present?
- How can you prepare for your speaking part?
- Do you want audience participation?
- How should the area for seating be set up?
- When should you ask for donations at an event?
- How can you use your vendors to explain designs better?
- What should be the focus at your event?
- How do you choose a guest speaker?
- How can you increase your reputation at these events?
- What other material should you include in the goody bags?
- What is a lead generation machine?
- Free is good!
- Why is it important to use a professional event planning program?
- How can you ask for guest’s email addresses?
- How important is a “thank you” after the event?
The rest of the show notes are in our resource center: Window Works