Power Talk Friday: Vanessa Shepherd: Pinterest Strategies to Grow Your Interior Design Business
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We have Vanessa Shepherd, the owner of She’s Got Vision, on the show with us today. Vanessa is all about efficiency. She has won awards, she has been recognized in her community and she knows just how busy most creative business owners are. In today’s episode, she talks to us about how hard it is for creative entrepreneurs to find the time to get everything done in their businesses, especially if they have a family to manage as well. She shares strategies for growing your design business through Pinterest and some really helpful tips for managing your time so that you can live a little too. She also explains what you need to do to really stand out from the crowd, so be sure to tune in, to find out more.
Vanessa graduated from NAIT with honors for her degree in Business Administration. She is a content marketing professional and she helps business owners to be seen, increase the traffic to their websites, and build lasting relationships. Her specialty is social media marketing, and she loves to use Pinterest as a platform for visibility. Listen in today, to benefit from Vanessa’s wisdom and experience.
- Vanessa loves to be as efficient as possible.
- There’s a big update coming for Pinterest.
- Vanessa explains what a pin title is, on Pinterest.
- Pinterest wants to make titles more purposeful.
- Later is a great scheduling tool.
- Pinterest is an important search engine.
- Some strategies for using Pinterest to drive potential clients to your website.
- Allowing someone else to help you have the time to do what you do best.
- Video is big everywhere on social media right now.
- Pinterest can be used as a good cross-promotion tactic.
- Some tips to capture people’s attention in the first three to fifteen seconds of a video.
- Good quality photos are a must on social media.
- The process of pinning.
- Find content that can educate, inspire, or entertain your audience.
- Showcasing your work in multiple ways to drive more traffic to your website.
- Being consistent with your pins is very important.
- Vanessa has a Pinterest audit that you can download for free on her website. Go to She’s Got Vision
- How Vanessa helps people improve their strategies for social media.
Vanessa Shepherd is a content marketing professional at She’s Got Vision, helping business owners to get visible, drive traffic to their websites, and build lasting relationships with their audiences. Vanessa specializes in social media marketing, and her favorite platform for visibility is Pinterest! She graduated with honors from NAIT with a degree in Business Administration and from the University of Alberta with a master’s in Communications and Technology. When she’s not creating strategies, running ads or pinning her heart out, you can find Vanessa traveling and gardening with her husband and their two Airedale Terriers.
Previous shows mentioned in this episode:
Website: primary: She’s Got Vision Blog
course microsite: learn.shesgotvision.com
Blog: She’s Got Vision Blog
Instagram: She’s Got Vision
Facebook: She’s Got Vision
Pinterest: She’s Got Vision
Free Pinterest audit checklist: She’s Got Vision