Power Talk Friday: Peter Lang: Understanding Your Finances #FreeTheDesigner
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! We are very happy to have Peter Lang, the Designer CPA, on the show with us today. Peter is one of the co-authors of LuAnn’s book, A Well-Designed Business, The Power Talk Friday Experts. He wrote chapter two of the book, called ‘Find The Best Accountant For Your Firm’ because, as a creative, it can be really hard to lock down the financial side of your business. Today, Peter, who previously appeared in episode #349 of the podcast, talks to us about how he teaches designers to understand everything they really need to know about their finances. Listen in, to find out more.
Peter is The Designer CPA and he genuinely loves working exclusively with design professionals just like you. He has a really strong desire to help creatives, and his goal is to help you to become a confident partner with him around the financial side of your business. Peter is based in Rhode Island but he works remotely with designers all over the USA. Tune in now, to find out what he has to share.
- Peter and LuAnn are going to be doing Power Talk Friday together, at High Point, in October of this year.
- What Peter learned from the LuAnn Live event, last March.
- Having a great team does not mean that you should stop paying attention to your business.
- How Peter started teaching people about the right way to be looking at their finances.
- Why Peter won’t work with certain people.
- Peter chooses to work with people who care.
- Peter talks about the different classes he teaches.
- The design industry is not straightforward when it comes down to finances. Peter understands this and he teaches you how to run your books accordingly.
- You want everyone on your team to be on the same page.
- Peter explains what his second course is all about, and how it was created specifically for the design industry.
- How these courses will prevent you from becoming marginalized by your CPA.
- Peter teaches you what you need to know about taxes.
- About the next course that Peter will be doing.
- About LuAnn’s Power Talk Friday Tours.
Peter Lang is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is the founder of The Designer CPA, a CPA firm that works exclusively with business owners in the design industry. He has worked in public accounting since graduating from Providence College in 2002. After working for several larger size firms in Boston and Rhode Island, Peter realized his true passion was to start a firm that specifically focused on designers.
Peter currently resides in Rhode Island with his wife Carmen and their identical twin boys, William and Matthew. He enjoys running and golfing outside of work.
Website: The Designer CPA
Peter’s Courses: Classes For Designers
Mydoma Studio: A Well Designed Business
Instagram: The Designer CPA
Facebook: The Designer CPA
Twitter: The Designer CPA
Previous Shows Mentioned: