Power Talk Friday: Eileen Hahn: Building An Exceptional Interior Design Team
Welcome to Power Talk Friday! Today we’re happy to introduce you to Luann’s exceptional cousin, Eileen Hahn! Eileen’s superpower is helping people to intentionally build outstanding and exceptional teams- whether they have a dozen employees, or only one! On the show today Eileen will explain some of the layers and deep processes and that are required for you to become a really good leader. Listen in to hear what Eileen has to tell you about building a really extraordinary interior design team!
Eileen is a principal at Organization Effectiveness Consultants, a San Diego based management consulting firm. She partners with leaders of organizations to establish new levels of performance, financial results, teamwork, and employee work passion. Eileen achieves this by first examining current processes and systems, and then collaborating with the company leaders to apply changes which improve productivity and profitability. Eileen works extensively with organizations which are going through rapid growth, downsizing, mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, and cultural transitions. She facilitates succession planning, strategic planning, organizational change, joint problem solving, leadership development, and team building. In addition, Eileen also designs C suite selection and evaluation processes and she works with boards of directors to develop, implement, and facilitate these processes. Eileen is also a professional speaker and a university instructor. Some of her national and international clients include H.G. Fenton Company, The Wonderful Company, San Diego Padres, Ericsson Wireless Communications, Qualcomm, Pfizer Inc., General Atomics, Occidental College, Brooklynn Museum, General Motors, Anheuser Busch Corporation, The Venetian & Palazzo Hotels, Sea World Parks and Entertainment, and LEGOLAND. Listen in today to find out more!
- Eileen is part of Luann’s second book, The Things I Learned From A Well-Designed Business- The Power Talk Friday Experts, which is coming out at the beginning of 2019. (Eileen’s chapter is called The Care and Feeding of Exceptional Employees.)
- What Eileen means when she talks about exceptional employees.
- Hiring someone who has the specific skills you’re looking for.
- Eileen explains the selection process that she used to help a certain company to hire exceptional employees.
- The special ingredient in every sales call.
- What makes someone exceptional.
- The type of kindness, care, and feeding that’s necessary for exceptional employees.
- Employees really present a big challenge to employers.
- Placing people orientation before task orientation in a business.
- Establishing trust and care with your employees.
- Some of the key principals behind hiring (and keeping) exceptional employees.
- Determining for yourself, as a principal, what an exceptional performance really looks like.
- People are willing to pay for exceptional!
- Taking the time to learn to be an exceptional leader.
- The exceptional benefits of taking the time to care for, and feed your employees.
- The importance of thorough training for employees.
Website: OEC Strategic Solutions
LinkedIn: Eileen Hahn